Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Week- Hollow and Perfunctory




Well said.
I still recall getting the mug that said "You make a world of Difference and are Appreciated" at the same time my district was doing whatever they could to ignore my contribution and magnify any transgressions they could find. I was in the "Who's Who among America's Teachers" at the same time they were ready to put me into "program improvement."  Most teachers know that PI is the first stop on the way out the door because they want you gone.

Teacher appreciation is a bit of a joke at this point.  They pay you something for the baby sitting service and have next to no idea whether their kids are learning anything substantive.  You get some kudos for being a teacher no matter how well or poorly you do your job.  "Hooray for Everything!"

http://lubbockonline.com/interact/blog-post/carol-morgan/2012-05-08/teacher-appreciation-week-hollow-and-perfunctory#comment-form

No comments:

Post a Comment